Friday, July 31, 2009

Super trough

For the past 10 days or so I've been in and out of a horrid state of atypical depression. I say atypical because, again, you would probably not realize that I was depressed unless you spent a lot of time observing me. It did make working difficult, and my motivation and cognitive capabilities were definitely a lot lower. For two of the days I did something different. Rather than ride my bike I came home and sat on the couch and watched TV. It was actually a pleasant change. I watched Friends for the first time in years. I forgot how funny Joey Tribiani is. But having suicidal feelings wasn't a very pleasant change. A few days ago I saw my psychiatrists who increased the Nardil to 60mg. I pray that this helps alleviate this atypical depression. So far the side effects have pummeled me. From about 1pm to 5pm at work I am a ZOMBIE. I am falling asleep. I can barely think. I walk like I'm drunk. I drink coffee and tea all day, to no avail. I may need to get an IV to feed me caffeine directly. Maybe that might help. This is an expected side effect of the Nardil that I pray passes soon. I have never felt this level of sedation. Granted, it's quite possibly the combination of depression and medication that is making me feel this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment