Sunday, August 23, 2009

7 pounds and excess water

I was at my uncle's house today. He has a scale. I haven't stepped foot on a scale in months. Today I weighed in, without jeans on, at 160. I gained about 7 pounds since being on Nardil. Imagine carrying around a 7 pound dumbell. That's a lot of extra weight in 2 months on Nardil. For me it is mostly carried in my abdomen, and I really don't like how that feels and looks! And, today, my Dad noticed that me feet looked swollen. Lo and behold another side effect of Nardil: pedal edema. Fortunately my intestinal system is now "regular" let us say. And since splitting the Nardil 30mg at midday and 30mg in the evening, I've felt my physiology returning more to normal. When I exercise my heart feels like it is beating properly -- strong and fast. Maybe this might help bring down the weight. That and stopping my crazy consumption of frozen yogurt everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment